If you have PCOS, you have probably been told that eating a diet that helps stabilize blood sugar and lower inflammation has been shown to improve symptoms. We know it’s easier said than done, but that’s why we share simple, delicious, and hormone-friendly dishes that anyone can make! This Acai Chia Seed Pudding is packed with mixed macros that’s great as a snack, breakfast, or dessert.
If you know you have a busy day ahead of you, make this recipe the day before to have a yummy snack ready-to-go! This Acai Chia Seed Pudding has protein, fiber, and healthy fats to boost satiety and help balance blood sugar. Keep reading for the full recipe…
What you need to make this recipe
Let’s go over the ingredients used in this recipe and how they can benefit your health. You can always add or swap out any of the items, which we will go over later.
- Acai puree: You can find acai puree packets in your frozen fruit aisle! These berries are full of antioxidants that help fight free radicals and may even lower cholesterol levels.
- Plain Greek yogurt: Yogurt is a fantastic way to add probiotics and protein to your day. It’s also a source of vitamin D, which is a nutrient that has been shown to help alleviate PCOS symptoms.
- Chia seeds: These small but mighty seeds are an excellent source of protein, omega-3s, vitamins & minerals (i.e. calcium, manganese, phosphorus), and antioxidants. They are also packed with fiber which can help with blood sugar balance!
- Almond milk: Rich in vitamin E and healthy fats, almond milk is an easy way to incorporate more nutrition throughout the day, especially if you use fortified unsweetened almond milk.
- Collagen: Collagen is an easy way to boost your protein intake and supports bone, joint, and skin health.
Other ways to make this recipe
This chia seed pudding is super versatile, and like we mentioned, you can really utilize whatever you have in your pantry! Below are some other variations that you can try.
- Swap out plain yogurt for coconut yogurt for a dairy-free version
- Add frozen banana for additional sweetness
- Use your choice of frozen berries if you don’t have frozen acai puree available
- Add cacao nibs or cacao powder for a chocolate flavor
- Swap out collagen for your choice of plant-based protein powder
How to make this recipe
- 1 packet of frozen acai puree
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of collagen
- ¼ cup of almond milk (more if needed)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Your choice of toppings (we like granola, almond butter, and unsweetened coconut shreds!)
- Blend acai puree, yogurt, collagen, and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 2 cups and stir in 2 tbsp of chia seed in each cup.
- Set mixture in the fridge and stir after 15 minutes.
- Allow mixture to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When chia seed mixture is set, add desired toppings and enjoy!