PCOS symptoms can often be improved through lifestyle changes and nutrition plays a huge role! Starting your morning off with breakfast can help set your hunger and fullness signals for the rest of the day and stabilize blood sugar levels. However, preparing breakfast every single morning can be challenging, so here’s a recipe that can be prepared ahead of time to take away some of the stress.
This easy recipe was created by Simona, one of our health coaches, so you can have breakfast prepped and ready-to-go on those busy mornings! Pair these egg muffins with some toast or oatmeal and you have a balanced, hormone-friendly, and satiating breakfast that takes no time.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
What you need to make this recipe
First, let’s go over the four ingredients you will need to make this recipe and how they can benefit your overall health.
- Eggs: Eggs are full of protein, minerals, and vitamins that are abundant in both egg whites and yolks. Additionally, choline, which is an essential nutrient for pregnancy, can also be found in eggs.
- Tomatoes: Rich in vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, tomatoes come in several varieties that you can incorporate into your dishes.
- Spinach: Leafy green vegetables like spinach are nutrient dense and rich in vitamin B, which can be beneficial for people with PCOS. Vitamins K and C are also found in spinach.
- Parmesan cheese: Among its many benefits, parmesan cheese is a source of fat, protein, and calcium and adds extra flavor to this recipe.
Other ways to make this recipe
You can always swap out any ingredients in recipes to suit your personal taste! Below are a few alternative ingredients that you can try:
- Consider using other types of cheese, such as mozzarella, feta, or provolone.
- Include additional vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms.
- Try other seasonings such as paprika and oregano.
How to Make this Recipe
- 6 medium eggs
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray or lining it with paper liners.
- Combine eggs, tomatoes, spinach, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Using a spoon, divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups. If desired, sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 24 minutes or until eggs are set.
- You can store this right away or store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.