When it comes to managing PCOS, lifestyle and nutrition are major players. In fact, research shows that what you eat can help lower inflammation and stabilize blood sugar. That’s why we’re here to share delicious and balanced recipes with you!
Cozy up this fall with this delicious and comforting carrot ginger soup. This is a perfect addition for any lunch or dinner and is packed with immune boosting ingredients. To make it even better, this recipe can be easily prepped in advance and frozen to eat later. When you’re ready to eat it you can reheat in the microwave or on the stove a serve with some fresh bread.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
What you need to make this recipe
First, let’s review the ingredients you will need for this recipe.
- Carrot: Carrots are packed with nutrients and antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein, and polyphenols that help support the function of our immune system.
- Ginger: Ginger adds complexity to the flavor of this soup and has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. It is also a good source of immune supporting vitamin C.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a punch of flavor to this dish. Similar to ginger, garlic has antibiotic properties and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Vegetable broth: The broth helps to make this recipe more flavorful, nutritious and hydrating.
- Lemon: Not only does lemon add a nice zing and freshness to this soup, it is yet another great source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is a great staple that is naturally high in healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs). It’s a good source of fat, and is high in antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body and help lower inflammation.
Other ways to make this recipe
Get creative and add your own flare to this recipe by using your favorite ingredients! Here are some ideas:
- Up the ginger from 1 to 2 tablespoons for an extra kick
- Swap out vegetable broth for bone broth to up the protein in this recipe
- Add ¼ cup coconut milk for a creamier soup or add more water if you like your soup thinner
- Add your favorite greens or some fresh herbs to add some complexity to the dish
How to Make this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 lb carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups (720 ml) vegetable broth
- ¼ cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add carrots and sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth using a blender or immersion blender.
- Season with lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper.