Learning how to nourish your body in a satisfying way while keeping your hormones happy with PCOS is no easy task! What you eat can help lower inflammation and stabilize blood sugar, which is why we love sharing these balanced recipes with you.This vegan-friendly overnight Coconut Chia Pudding can be prepped in just minutes at the end of a busy day and enjoyed in the morning.
Are you wanting to switch up your breakfast game? Chia pudding may just be the answer! Chia pudding is awesome because it’s easy to make and is packed with nutritious plant-based ingredients. It can also be prepped in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, which makes it a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
Keep reading for the full recipe!
What you need to make this recipe
First, let’s review the ingredients you will need for this recipe.
- Chia seeds: These small but mighty seeds are an excellent source of protein, omega-3s, vitamins & minerals (i.e. calcium, manganese, phosphorus), and antioxidants. They are also packed with fiber which can help with blood sugar balance!
- Shredded coconut: Shredded coconut is one of our go-to toppings for the added layer of texture it adds. It also contributes to flavor and adds more high quality fats.
Coconut milk: Similar to shredded coconut, coconut milk amps up not just flavor but also healthy fats. It is full of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which can help you stay satiated and energized throughout your day.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla creates depth of flavor in this recipe without adding too much sugar. You can also play around with adding spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup adds some sweetness to the chia pudding ,and a little goes a long way! You can also try using honey, coconut sugar, or agave instead.
Other ways to make this recipe
Customize the ingredients in your chia pudding to change up the flavor and keep things interesting! Here are some ideas:
- Add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to make chocolate chia pudding
- Swirl in some nut butter and berry jam to make PB&J chia pudding
- Try adding toppings like berries, sliced bananas, mango, nuts and seeds, cacao nibs, granola, and pee pollen
How to make this recipe
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and place in the fridge to firm up overnight.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pro tip: Make your chia pudding in small jars so it’s ready for a grab-and-go meal or snack.
To read more about nutrition and PCOS, click here to read an article written by Registered Dietitian, Stephanie Paver.